Having made their way through the entirety of the William Hartnell era of Doctor Who, the Watchers in the Fourth Dimension are joined by a guest host for the very first time, as R Alan Siler moderates a retrospective discussion of the entirety of the era.
Over the course of the discussion, the crew touch on a wide range of topics, including which missing story would benefit the most from animation, the most challenging or radically different episodes of the time, and how the era reflected the socio-political situation of the time. Anthony and Don manage to get their final blows in against Richard Martin and John Wiles, respectively. Finally, things get rather silly when Alan surprises everyone with a few rounds of “Snog, Marry, Avoid!,” with some rather outrageous options.
Other media mentioned in this episode:
- An Adventure in Space and Time (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3AXF6an | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3vtBjR6)
- Game of Thrones: The Complete Series (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3lRgVWD | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3aQhh9U)
- Star Trek: Picard (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3C0ifvW | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3vsR0rJ)
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3ptuM83 | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3BSULsQ)
- The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2Z2QG6G | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3B0nSJk)
- Diagnosis Murder: The Complete Collection (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3naiBKd | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2Z1fmwV)
- Matlock: The Complete Series (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3phHE0L | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3nezGTE)
Alan’s work can be found at the following links:
- Children of Time: The Companions of Doctor Who (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3lQ2OAW | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3aJuYr5)
- Facing the Raven: Doctor Who Series Nine in Review (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3aIGpza | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3DNiFWZ)
- Doctor Who’s Greatest Hits: Remastered (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3p9T4DG | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3DSiiue)
Finally, you can also follow us and interact with us on various forms of social media - Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re enjoying this podcast, please subscribe to the show, and leave us a rating or review.