This episode, it is our Moral Duty™ to take Quatermass homage to the extreme, engaging in some “Vicious Quatermassturbation” as we discuss The Ambassadors OF DEATH! It’s time for incompetent military forces (possibly including murdering scientists?), conspiracies, and plenty of model sequences!
Over the course of the episode, Don talks miraculously disappearing accents, Reilly finds that he’s unable to say “Taltalian”, Anthony gets nostalgic about UK Gold, and Julie laments the general lack of women on screen. The entire team discuss this serial's rather inconsistent usage of plot-selective radioactivity (or is it actually just good ol' Whitakerian static electricity?).
If you would like to watch along with us, this story is available for streaming at both Britbox US (https://www.britbox.com) and Britbox UK (https://www.britbox.co.uk). If you’re a little old fashioned (like Anthony), you can get it on physical media from both Amazon US (https://amzn.to/3g5U0n8) and Amazon UK (https://amzn.to/2VVBBTh).
Other media mentioned in this episode:
- The A Team: The Complete Collection (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3iM3cPy | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3lY7ipI)
- The Quatermass Xperiment (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3jRIw88 | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/37HHEgt)
- Quatermass II (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2VNnpvJ | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3lZsL1v)
- Spies Like Us (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3sljUbt | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3jSS5ng)
- Monty Python’s Flying Circus: The Complete Series (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2VNSNKA | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/37JfHoE)
- Lost in Space: The Complete Classic Series (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3m44ffy | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3yQVHfQ)
- Donovan’s Greatest Hits (Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3sf9w5b | Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3ANzBeN)
- Air on a G String, by J.S. Bach (YouTube: https://youtu.be/GMkmQlfOJDk)
- A Whiter Shade of Pale, by Procul Harum (YouTube: https://youtu.be/Mb3iPP-tHdA)
Finally, you can also follow us and interact with us on various forms of social media - Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can also e-mail us at email@example.com. If you’re enjoying this podcast, please subscribe to the show, and leave us a rating or review.